Friday 6 April 2018

Tigers

Hello,

I hope you had a lovely break if you had a nice long weekend last week.  I spent most of mine drawing which was lovely I have to say.  This week I'm sharing some tiger illustrations I've completed recently.  Since I created the Regents Park Map it's sparked off a curiosity to draw more animals.  I have a big list in a sketchbook that I keep of any ideas I have of work that I want to do, and I'm always adding to it (it's a great place to scribble in when I get those ideas in the middle of the night!).
I worked with a restricted palette of blues and turquoise/greens, this is something I love to challenge myself with and I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out.  I like how the tiger is camouflaged amongst all the plants.


Below is one of the sketches I worked on.  This was an experiment with ink and bleach, a technique I haven't used for a while.  It's a great way to get some really interesting colours and there is always an element of surprise which I love.


I hope you have a lovely weekend.  I think tomorrow is meant to be a sunny day here, yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment